Saturday, April 18, 2009

Almost Woes With the O's--Peter

Well, Jenn, as I've been saying, I'm on deadline for the new book and at least temporarily no time to really blog--my bad. It's like the T-shirt my editor told me about: "Not tonight, honey--I'm on deadline."

Anyway, after the first inning yesterday, I felt OK. Penny had one of the first three W's of the year for the Sox and he was pitching. Then came inning 2 and all I could think was, "Oh my God!!--Long season coming", a feeling I've had too often this soon in the season, by the way.

But, I mean seven runs in an inning. That's not good, especially when almost no other regular hurler has been doing much that a Pony Leaguer couldn't do--and Dice is on the DL. So I went back to work and left the game running on the computer. Came back about an hour later and--WOW--it's tied up!! Yesss! Even better--in what seemed like just a few more moments, we're up 10-8 and only two innings to go. DelCarmen's done well, Oki's pitching like it's 2007 and I'm beginning to think we might get our second straight. Let's hope the Laser's on tonight.

Well, as you already know, thank you TIVO, Pap was fine and the Sox won and we've something to build on now. First Wake CG's a near no-no and now this comeback. It's almost enough to restore the faith. Now if you've got some idea as to what will get Papi banging the ball...

Just an aside...This book deadline work has me blogging not frequently yet, but thwe computer keeps me up on things. It's Saturday and the Sox just got underway, but the Skanks have gotten to the 9th and they're trailin--22-4!! Not a misprint. The Tribe's been all over them all day, including 14 runs in one inning. So sweet!

No comments: