Monday, April 19, 2010

Speechless (Almost)--Peter

Well, Jenn, I'm almost speechless! Now that the streak has hit five with no sign of relief, I gotta' say I can't believe what's going on! Other than Pedroia, Tek and the back end of the pen, it seems like no-one's doing anything right--even the mainstays of the team. Lackey flat out stunk today. Yoouk's in a week long slump. Papi's ....whatever. Both catchers are getting run on like never before (and they never were stoppers anyway). We're seeing more errors than a damn grammar school pickup team. I haven't felt this frustrated since the days before the "Impossible Dream" team of 1967! Making matters worse, the idiots posting on the web about the Sox have outdone themselves in their pro-Stripes, anti-Sox idiocy!For now, I haven't any retort to come back with.
As far as the "child abuse" comment, I think I've made that before in many conversations, but, at least, in the past ten years, the Hose have more or less gotten me off the hook. The most frustrating game of the current five game slide HAS to be the 12 inning one, for the reason's you already cited. As for Bucky, well, the four runs in the 1st were due to an error. Clean fielding and not only do the Hose not lose that game, they have stopped the streak/slide cold.

No comments: