Sunday, August 2, 2009

During the Game--Peter

Separate from the Sox great game yesterday, led b JB's superb pitching, followed by Oki and Bard (isn't He something!?), thought i'd get an irritant off my chest while the Sox are still playing. As usual, my complaint target is FOX, although this time it's not political--at least I don't think it is. As I write, Fox has a "Breaking News" thing flashing constantly across the top of the Sox game page--to the effect that the Rays pitcher is ----ing KC through, at present, the 7th. They did this last week when the Chisox Buehrle was trying to become the second coming of VanderMeer until he finally gave up a hit; and a week prior to that when Buerhle tossed his perfecto. What I'm complaining about is that long, and I mean VERY long, standing baseball tradition is that you don't talk about any kind of no-hitter as long as it's still in progress. It's bad luck. It's bad enough Fox has some of their political know-it-alls, but do they have to also stain hallowed baseball tradition as well? Haven't checked while I've been writing this, but I'll bet...Yep! It happened. I just checked and the Rays pitcher lost his no-no in the 8th. Thanks, Fox!

No comments: