Monday, July 20, 2009

Bad Series Against the Jays

Dad --

Bucky may be back and he may have done a phenomenal job. Unfortunately it was the only win the Sox got this weekend. Penny was clobbered and Lester did a great job, unfortunately he was up against Halladay who did better.

I didn't actually see Saturday's game because MLB can't show the games when they're on FOX and if it's a 1 o'clock game (which means they air at 10 am here on the west coast) Fox airs the Saturnday morning cartoons and kids don't care about baseball. So, I couldn't see the game and after reading about the loss, I'm glad I didn't. Although I do know that Lowrie got a home run in his first game back since his wrist surgery, so that's great news. Even better news is that Julio Lugo's been released which gets a big YAY from me.

As for Sunday's game, I take it back. Halladay didn't do better, the Sox just did what they do best - left five men on base. They had their best opportunity to strike in the first inning when they got three men on. Unfortunately they could only get one man to make the round trip and score their only run.

So, that was the series against the Jays. Now it's on to Texas to face the Rangers
with Smoltz getting today's start. Hopefully he can get another win 'cause so far watching him has not been fun.

Jenn

No comments: