Monday, June 21, 2010

The Streak Continues!

Dad --

Well, you asked for us to pray, we did and even though Buchholz had a tough 1st inning, the streak continued. We won! As you've said, you only need to win by one run, well we did one better. We won by two - the only two runs the Red Sox got. It wasn't as awesome as the 10-6 win on Friday or as nail biting as the walkoff win on Saturday, but as you always say, a win is still a win, no matter how you get there.

But for me what was most interesting about this series, was seeing Manny Ramirez back in Fenway. Oh, and I think you should go with ManRam for Ramirez and Manny for Delcarmen, though I don't think you're gonna be faced with this dilemma that often since ManRam now makes his baseball home in the National League.

There were mixed reviews for Manny's return. Some cheered, but many booed. I don't know if they were booing his return, or booing who Manny was while he was a member of the Sox. If I'd been in the stands, I think I would have cheered. While I was unhappy with the person Manny became at the end of this stint with the Red Sox, I always thought he was a great player and definitely made the game that much more entertaining. I mean when was the last time you saw the left fielder disappear into the Green Monster or give a high five to someone in the stands after he made a catch? Yes, it was classic Manny being Manny, but it was always good for a laugh or two.

I was kinda hoping we were going to see Manny pull something like that while he was visiting. But since he spent the series acting as the Designated Hitter, we weren't treated to any classic Manny high jinks. Oh well. It was still nice to have him back. It was especially nice to see Papi get a home run on Friday with Manny watching from the visiting dugout.

While we're off today, we start a new series in Colorado against the Rockies on Tuesday. Keep up the prayers and hopefully this streak will continue into Colorado.

Jenn

No comments: