Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead - Jenn

Dad and I promised to keep you faithful Sox fans informed of any and all goings ons during the offseason. So as promised here's your first bit of GREAT NEWS.

No, we still haven't signed Jason Varitek and the rumors swirling around a Lowell trade are still swirling. But the news came out today that MIKE TIMLIN WILL NOT BE BACK!

Here's what Epstein said he told Mike Timlin at the end of the season: "we came to a mutual understanding that Boston probably wouldn't be the best fit for him. By the way what a career that guy had. I think he was my first free-agent signing."

And a collective sigh of relief escapes Red Sox fans everywhere. (At least it escaped my lips.) I don't dispute the career Timlin's had and he did help the Sox win their first World Series in 86 years. But as I've said numerous times this past season, there comes a point when it's time to hang up your spikes. I'm glad Epstein and Timlin have finally realizes that point is now.

Anyway, I thought that tid bit deserved a little blog space. When more comes out about Varitek or Lowell or CC Sabathia, I or Dad will let you know. For now... Go Pats!

1 comment:

Jenn and Peter said...

When I received an excited GREAT Sox NEWS email from Jenn, I eagerly opened it, thinking we'd landed Texeira or CC Sabathia or some other similar luminary (No, not Manny). I opened the email--only to find that Jenn's favorite is gone. Good luck, Mike, and thanks for the memories--at least some of them. Enjoy the retirement.