Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Photo Blog!

I know I'm a couple days late, but thought I'd share my weekend at Edison Field in Anaheim. Yes, the Sox were swept. And I can't even blame it on the relief pitching. Nope, these failures were just because of one bad inning from Beckett on Saturday and Wakefield on Sunday.
And even though we lost and even with all the Angel fans razzing us, I still had a great time. Because there's nothing better than watching a game at the ballpark with friends.

On Saturday I went with my husband and we had GREAT seats. I didn't take any pictures, because there weren't any worth taking since the Sox lost.

But Sunday... Sunday was the real party. I've mentioned Fat Faced Fenner's before in this blog. Well, that's who I went with. See, every year when the Sox come to Southern California to face the Angels, Gary, the owner of Fenner's, always buys a huge group of tickets. Then those that are willing to pay a nominal fee, get to watch the game from the upper deck, all the beer you can drink and a free ride to and from the stadium. It's a blast! But since my industry's all about showing rather than telling, I took a bunch of pictures from Sunday's game.


JD, Christine and Gary at Fenners before we got on the bus.

Rob and others on the bus to Edison Field.



The Fenner's crowd ready to take the final game of the series.



The Red Sox were winning until this guy showed up. See, this weird little monkey is how the Angels get their fans riled up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Unfortunately on Sunday, it worked.

So now it was our turn to rally.



This is how me and some of the other Fenner's crowd get into rally mode. We wear our caps inside out - the real way it should be done. Which do you think is the better choice?


Unfortunately our "rally caps" didn't work and we were forced to watch as Angles fans waved their brooms after they won and secured the "sweep".


But we still had a blast and enjoyed the ride home.

You may wonder why there aren't any pictures of the game itself. And that's because in my opinion, the game wasn't worth shooting.
Last night's game would have been worth shooting, though. From Varitek's homer to Papelbon's two pitches to get out of the 8th, it was a great game. And while both the Yankees and the Rays won yesterday, at least we didn't lose any more ground. Here's hoping we sweep the Mariners to get us primed for that evil team in New York.

No comments: